Aaron Doucette:A Canadian from South Western Nova Scotia who settled in South Western Ontario, via South Western Quebec.
Just your average married guy, with an average house, an average car and an exceptional wife. We also have a super-dog named Beta.
If you are reading this, you probably want to know what the deal is:
Do I think I'm the next Ansel Adams?
No. I don't even like to say I'm a "photographer" since I despise most of the people that title themselves thusly. Anyone who thinks they are the next _any_ photographer ... isn't. I like to take pictures is all.
Do I think I am the next Hunter S. Thompson?
No, I have taken far too many drugs to be that good of a writer. ;)
Do I think I'm the next *insert popular web-designer here*?
I can only dream to be this good some day.
instantkamera.ca:The concept is my own, but some shout-outs go to:
Fittingly (following the 'pixel' theme), the color palette is "Dead Pixel Sandwich" @ ColorLovers.
The font used to create the logos is "Unibody 8" by Underware.nl. Props to FontSquirrel.com for introducing me to that, and other, great free/fair use fonts. All the design graphics were created/modified in the GIMP. The copyrights to all 3rd party logos belong to their respective owners, obviously.
The blog (and thus the bulk of the content) is hosted on Googles blogger service, and all photos are now hosted at 500px.com. This place puts flickr to shame; it's a great, cheap tool for social photographers.
Everything else:I have used a variety of kit over the years, but my biggest change recently has been achieving a completely free/open source software workflow. At some point (when I am satisfied that it works for me) I will post a blog about this. For now, here are the basics:
- Nikon D90
- Panasonic LX-7
- Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 DX
- Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 DX
- Nikkor 85mm f/1.8
- Nikkor 50mm f/1.8
- Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6
- Nikkor 55-200mm f4-5.6 VR
- Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5
- Raynox DCR-150 Close-up Dioptre
- Nikon SB-600 Speedlight
- Sunpak '383 Super' Flash
- Slik 'PRO340dx' tripod
- Manfrotto '486RC2' head
- Crumpler '6 million dollar home' bag
- various filters, sd cards, odds and ends
- AMD PhenomII x6 1090T (3.2Ghz)
- 16G DDR3 RAM
- 1TB RAID 1 Mirrored (data)
- 60G Corsair Force SSD (OS)
- Dell U2211H IPS Panel Monitor
- i1display2 colorimeter
- Spyder3 colorimeter
- Google/Asus Nexus 7
- HP mini netbook
- CyberPower 1500AVR UPS
LinksysAsus Router w/ Open Source Firmware
- Netgear gigabit switch
- many, many input devices :D
- Fedora Linux distribution.
- darktable - Until recently I had been try to work digiKam into my otherwise KDE-less life. This software is a godsend to open-source photographers.
- imageMagick - An excellent suite of (batch) image processing tools.
- Gnome Color Manager/colord - Wow. Someone made integrated colour management for 'nix that just works.
- Chromium - I prefer Chrome/Chromium to Firefox, but anything is better than IE.
- Vim - THE text editor.